apricot :: kiwi :: blueberry :: mango :: cottage cheese
topped with sunflower seeds :: pumpkin seeds :: shelled hemp seeds
this has been my favorite snack all week. i love that i get a variety of colors & nutrients from this snack, & a little bit of fructose, for the midday energy slump, helps me power through afternoon classes.
we have become a coffee & milk free household (well, we gave up milk, i still cheat with yogurt/cottage cheese/cheese), and i am struggling without my large daily latte. green tea helps, and is a wonderful substitute, but after 3 pm any caffeine keeps me awake at night.
this snack is loaded with nutrients:
- apricot – contains beta-carotene, potassium, iron, soluble fiber // good for skin & respiratory system, protects against cancer
- kiwi – contains vitamin c, beta-carotene, potassium, bioflavonoids, fiber // good for the immune system, skin, digestive system
- blueberries – vitamin c, carotenoids, antibacterial, cancer fighting phytochemicals // good for the heart, circulation, skin, protects against cancer
- mango – contains vitamin c, beta-carotene, potassium, flavonoids & other antioxidants // good for the skin, protects against cancer, boost immune system
- sunflower seeds – contain vitamin e, magnesium, selenium // good for the Heart, anti-inflammatory, lowers cholesterol, prevent cancer, calm nerves & muscles
- pumpkin seeds – contains vitamin e, zinc, manganese, selenium // good for diabetes, antimicrobial, prevent cancer
- shelled hemp seeds – contains polyunsaturated fat // good for digestion